Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Cookie, Legacy and the broken beeper…



So we finally did it, we got a dog. We went to the Super Adoption at Petsmart in Salt Lake and wandered around a bit and found a really nice one year old dog named Sasha. We took her for a walk around the parking lot (or maybe she took us for a walk) and we were sold. She didn't bark at a single dog except for one really mean one.

Jen did all the paperwork and I walked the dog around for a bit. We got all the fees paid and took a really fun trip through the store to get her a leash, food and all that fun stuff. We jumped in the car and took a trip to I-215 and took the brand new Legacy Parkway. What a nice road to drive. On a side not, it seems to have really made a difference on the commute at the end of the day.

We got her home and gave her a bath, took her outside to shake off and started to make our way back inside. Trouble was, she didn't want to go in through the side door and when I tried to pull her in she slipped out of her collar and ran like the wind. She ran across 36th St. and barely missed getting hit by a car but she kept running. She went from one neighbors house to another. Jen and I were chasing her for about 10 minutes. Jen asked for the keys to my car because she was running barefoot. I threw my keys but it was too dark and I overshot her and ended up totally obliterating my beeper. All the buttons were popped out. I didn't find all the pieces till Sunday afternoon.

We are very excited to have a dog, yes Joe too is excited. She is a good dog and so far we have not had any problems. She is a golden lab/boxer mix and it runs out that that seems to be a playful mix. She loves frisbee, can run a long time and can't help but follow you around whenever you're home.

Here's a short video showing her massive appetite. She pounded another bowl just before she was given the one in the video. Enjoy...

4 comments:

Jason+Lindi said...

What a cute puppy! I guess this will do for becoming an aunt :) Caleb and Max will go nuts I am sure, we need to come and see her!

Dan and Kira said...

your dog is super cute!!! I really want one Brinley is going to love visits at your house!

Dan and Kira said...

oh I forgot to say bummer for your car beeper;(

Bry and Rach said...

eventually we will have a place so that we can have a cute dog too!!! We want one...but no place for it now. Sounds like she is gonna keep you busy!